• Wipe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The lapwing.
- (n.) Act of rubbing, esp. in order to clean.
- (n.) A blow; a stroke; a hit; a swipe.
- (n.) A handkerchief.
- (v. t.) To rub with something soft for cleaning; to clean or dry by rubbing; as, to wipe the hands or face with a towel.
- (n.) A gibe; a jeer; a severe sarcasm.
- (v. t.) To remove by rubbing; to rub off; to obliterate; -- usually followed by away, off or out. Also used figuratively.
- (v. t.) To cheat; to defraud; to trick; -- usually followed by out.
- (n.) Stain; brand.
• Wiper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, wipes.
- (n.) A rod, or an attachment for a rod, for holding a rag with which to wipe out the bore of the barrel.
- (n.) Something used for wiping, as a towel or rag.
- (n.) A piece generally projecting from a rotating or swinging piece, as an axle or rock shaft, for the purpose of raising stampers, lifting rods, or the like, and leaving them to fall by their own weight; a kind of cam.
• Wiped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Wipe