• Wire Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To place (a ball) so that the wire of a wicket prevents a successful shot.
- (n.) The system of wires used to operate the puppets in a puppet show;
- (n.) A wire stretching across over a race track at the judges stand, to mark the line at which the races end.
- (n.) the network of hidden influences controlling the action of a person or organization; as, to pull the wires for office.
- (n.) One who picks womens pockets.
- (n.) A knitting needle.
- (n.) A telegraph wire or cable; hence, an electric telegraph; as, to send a message by wire.
- (v. t.) To snare by means of a wire or wires.
- (v. t.) To send (a message) by telegraph.
- (v. i.) To send a telegraphic message.
- (v. t.) To bind with wire; to attach with wires; to apply wire to; as, to wire corks in bottling liquors.
- (v. t.) To put upon a wire; as, to wire beads.
- (n.) A thread or slender rod of metal; a metallic substance formed to an even thread by being passed between grooved rollers, or drawn through holes in a plate of steel.
- (v. i.) To pass like a wire; to flow in a wirelike form, or in a tenuous stream.
• Wiredrawing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wiredraw
• Wiredrawn Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p.) of Wiredraw