• Wither Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To lose vigor or power; to languish; to pass away.
- (v. t.) To cause to shrink, wrinkle, or decay, for want of animal moisture.
- (v. t.) To cause to fade, and become dry.
- (n.) To fade; to lose freshness; to become sapless; to become sapless; to dry or shrivel up.
- (n.) To lose or want animal moisture; to waste; to pin/ away, as animal bodies.
- (v. t.) To cause to languish, perish, or pass away; to blight; as, a reputation withered by calumny.
• Withers Definition & Synonyms
- (prep.) The ridge between the shoulder bones of a horse, at the base of the neck. See Illust. of Horse.
• Witherite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Barium carbonate occurring in white or gray six-sided twin crystals, and also in columnar or granular masses.