• Withering Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Tending to wither; causing to shrink or fade.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wither
• Wither Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To lose vigor or power; to languish; to pass away.
- (v. t.) To cause to shrink, wrinkle, or decay, for want of animal moisture.
- (v. t.) To cause to fade, and become dry.
- (n.) To fade; to lose freshness; to become sapless; to become sapless; to dry or shrivel up.
- (n.) To lose or want animal moisture; to waste; to pin/ away, as animal bodies.
- (v. t.) To cause to languish, perish, or pass away; to blight; as, a reputation withered by calumny.