• Withing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Withe
• With Definition & Synonyms
- (prep.) To denote association in respect of situation or environment; hence, among; in the company of.
- (prep.) To denote the accomplishment of cause, means, instrument, etc; -- sometimes equivalent to by.
- (prep.) To denote having as a possession or an appendage; as, the firmament with its stars; a bride with a large fortune.
- (prep.) With denotes or expresses some situation or relation of nearness, proximity, association, connection, or the like.
- (n.) See Withe.
- (prep.) To denote a connection of friendship, support, alliance, assistance, countenance, etc.; hence, on the side of.
- (prep.) To denote a close or direct relation of opposition or hostility; -- equivalent to against.
- (prep.) To denote association in thought, as for comparison or contrast.
- (prep.) To denote simultaneous happening, or immediate succession or consequence.
• Withe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bind or fasten with withes.
- (n.) A band consisting of a twig twisted.
- (n.) An iron attachment on one end of a mast or boom, with a ring, through which another mast or boom is rigged out and secured; a wythe.
- (n.) A flexible, slender twig or branch used as a band; a willow or osier twig; a withy.
- (n.) A partition between flues in a chimney.