• Witing Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) Knowledge.
• Wit Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A mental faculty, or power of the mind; -- used in this sense chiefly in the plural, and in certain phrases; as, to lose ones wits; at ones wits end, and the like.
- (v.) Felicitous association of objects not usually connected, so as to produce a pleasant surprise; also. the power of readily combining objects in such a manner.
- (inf.) of Wit
- (n.) To know; to learn.
- (t) ing (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Wit
- (v.) A person of eminent sense or knowledge; a man of genius, fancy, or humor; one distinguished for bright or amusing sayings, for repartee, and the like.
- (v.) Mind; intellect; understanding; sense.
• Wite Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) To reproach; to blame; to censure; also, to impute as blame.
- (v.) Blame; reproach.
- (pl.) of Wit