• Wool Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Short, thick hair, especially when crisped or curled.
- (n.) A sort of pubescence, or a clothing of dense, curling hairs on the surface of certain plants.
- (n.) The soft and curled, or crisped, species of hair which grows on sheep and some other animals, and which in fineness sometimes approaches to fur; -- chiefly applied to the fleecy coat of the sheep, which constitutes a most essential material of clothing in all cold and temperate climates.
• Wool-dyed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Dyed before being made into cloth, in distinction from piece-dyed; ingrain.
• Woolfell Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A skin with the wool; a skin from which the wool has not been sheared or pulled.