• Woold Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To wind, or wrap; especially, to wind a rope round, as a mast or yard made of two or more pieces, at the place where it has been fished or scarfed, in order to strengthen it.
• Wool Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Short, thick hair, especially when crisped or curled.
- (n.) A sort of pubescence, or a clothing of dense, curling hairs on the surface of certain plants.
- (n.) The soft and curled, or crisped, species of hair which grows on sheep and some other animals, and which in fineness sometimes approaches to fur; -- chiefly applied to the fleecy coat of the sheep, which constitutes a most essential material of clothing in all cold and temperate climates.
• Woolding Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of winding or wrapping anything with a rope, as a mast.
- (n.) A rope used for binding masts and spars.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Woold
• Woolded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Woold