• Worldly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With relation to this life; in a worldly manner.
- (a.) Lay, as opposed to clerical.
- (a.) Relating to the world; human; common; as, worldly maxims; worldly actions.
- (a.) Pertaining to this world or life, in contradistinction from the life to come; secular; temporal; devoted to this life and its enjoyments; bent on gain; as, worldly pleasures, affections, honor, lusts, men.
• Worldly-minded Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Devoted to worldly interests; mindful of the affairs of the present life, and forgetful of those of the future; loving and pursuing this worlds goods, to the exclusion of piety and attention to spiritual concerns.