• Wringed Definition & Synonyms
- () of Wring
• Wring Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To subject to extortion; to afflict, or oppress, in order to enforce compliance.
- (v. t.) To distort; to pervert; to wrest.
- (v. t.) Hence, to pain; to distress; to torment; to torture.
- (v. t.) To bend or strain out of its position; as, to wring a mast.
- (v. t.) To twist and compress; to turn and strain with violence; to writhe; to squeeze hard; to pinch; as, to wring clothes in washing.
- (v. i.) To writhe; to twist, as with anguish.
- (n.) A writhing, as in anguish; a twisting; a griping.
- (v. t.) To extract or obtain by twisting and compressing; to squeeze or press (out); hence, to extort; to draw forth by violence, or against resistance or repugnance; -- usually with out or form.