• Writ Definition & Synonyms
- (obs.) 3d pers. sing. pres. of Write, for writeth.
- (Archaic imp. & p. p.) of Write
- () imp. & p. p. of Write.
- (n.) That which is written; writing; scripture; -- applied especially to the Scriptures, or the books of the Old and New testaments; as, sacred writ.
- (n.) An instrument in writing, under seal, in an epistolary form, issued from the proper authority, commanding the performance or nonperformance of some act by the person to whom it is directed; as, a writ of entry, of error, of execution, of injunction, of mandamus, of return, of summons, and the like.
• Writability Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Ability or capacity to write.
• Writhed Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p.) of Writhe
- (imp.) of Writhe