• Wronged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Wrong
• Wrong Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not fit or suitable to an end or object; not appropriate for an intended use; not according to rule; unsuitable; improper; incorrect; as, to hold a book with the wrong end uppermost; to take the wrong way.
- (a.) Designed to be worn or placed inward; as, the wrong side of a garment or of a piece of cloth.
- (a.) Whatever deviates from moral rectitude; usually, an act that involves evil consequences, as one which inflicts injury on a person; any injury done to, or received from; another; a trespass; a violation of right.
- (adv.) In a wrong manner; not rightly; amiss; morally ill; erroneously; wrongly.
- (a.) Deviation or departure from truth or fact; state of falsity; error; as, to be in the wrong.
- (a.) Nonconformity or disobedience to lawful authority, divine or human; deviation from duty; -- the opposite of moral right.
- (v. t.) To treat with injustice; to deprive of some right, or to withhold some act of justice from; to do undeserved harm to; to deal unjustly with; to injure.
- (v. t.) To impute evil to unjustly; as, if you suppose me capable of a base act, you wrong me.
- (a.) That which is not right.
- (a.) Not according to the laws of good morals, whether divine or human; not suitable to the highest and best end; not morally right; deviating from rectitude or duty; not just or equitable; not true; not legal; as, a wrong practice; wrong ideas; wrong inclinations and desires.
- (a.) Not according to truth; not conforming to fact or intent; not right; mistaken; erroneous; as, a wrong statement.
- () imp. of Wring. Wrung.
- (a.) Twisted; wry; as, a wrong nose.