• Yellowed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Yellow
• Yellow Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Sensational; -- said of some newspapers, their makers, etc.; as, yellow journal, journalism, etc.
- (a.) Cowardly; hence, dishonorable; mean; contemptible; as, he has a yellow streak.
- (n.) A bright golden color, reflecting more light than any other except white; the color of that part of the spectrum which is between the orange and green.
- (v. t.) To make yellow; to cause to have a yellow tinge or color; to dye yellow.
- (v. i.) To become yellow or yellower.
- (superl.) Being of a bright saffronlike color; of the color of gold or brass; having the hue of that part of the rainbow, or of the solar spectrum, which is between the orange and the green.
- (n.) A yellow pigment.