COVID-19 claims 19 more lives, infects 668 citizens in Sindh

The Nation  |  Jun 16, 2021

Pertaining to the outbreak of COVID-19 in Sindh, 19 more citizens succumbed to death, raising the death toll of the province to 5,292 on Wednesday.

Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah, addressing the daily briefing,  said that 668 more cases of COVID-19 have been reported during the same period in the province.

The CM Sindh said that of the 668 new cases, 421 were detected from Karachi, including 125 from district East, 94 from district South, 84 from Central , 79 from Korangi, 30 from Malir and nine from district West.

He maintained that 304,697 patients had recovered from the disease so far in the province, including 833 during the past 24 hours.

Earlier on June 14, Shah had addressed a daily Covid briefing saying the province conceded 479 COVID-19 infections in the past 24-hour period while 13 patients died.

It is pertinent to be stated here that the tally of the novel virus has risen to 328,646, adding that in the same period 643 were recovered from the infection as well while, the total recoveries from the virus had reached 300,089, he said.

Active participation of Kashmiris vital to find last solution to Kashmir dispute: Masood
More News