How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Data
Backup WhatsApp Chat History
WhatsApp is the most frequently used instant messaging Application. If you are changing your smartphone and want all your previous WhatsApp data then you can back up your WhatsApp chats and can restore them anytime.
- Open WhatsApp Application > WhatsApp > tap More options > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
Google Drive may be used to back up WhatsApp conversations and restore them to a new Android device. You can save the messages you've sent and received, as well as the media you've sent and received (pictures and videos). To back up your WhatsApp chat history, follow the given steps.
Restore WhatsApp Chat History
- Open WhatsApp.
- Select Settings from the three dots in the top right corner.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Chats, then Chat backup.
Backups of WhatsApp are linked to the phone number and Google account used to generate them. You must continuously updating your WhatsApp backups; backups that haven't been updated in over a year will be automatically erased from Google Drive. As a result, it is recommended that you continuously backing up your WhatsApp data to avoid losing any backups. However, to Restore your WhatsApp data, follow these below given steps.
- WhatsApp can be downloaded via the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Verify your phone number in WhatsApp.
- When prompted during setup, tap Restore.
- Wait for the WhatsApp backup to finish before tapping Next.
The App will initially restore all of your chats before moving on to media, which could take a while. Keep in mind that if you create another Google Drive backup with the same Google account, the prior one will be overwritten, and there is no way to restore an older Google Drive backup.