• Affronting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Affront
• Affront Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To offend by some manifestation of disrespect; to insult to the face by demeanor or language; to treat with marked incivility.
- (n.) An encounter either friendly or hostile.
- (v. t.) To front; to face in position; to meet or encounter face to face.
- (n.) Contemptuous or rude treatment which excites or justifies resentment; marked disrespect; a purposed indignity; insult.
- (n.) An offense to ones self-respect; shame.
- (v. t.) To face in defiance; to confront; as, to affront death; hence, to meet in hostile encounter.
• Affronte Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Face to face, or front to front; facing.
• Affrontingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an affronting manner.