Use an online Dictionary to enhance your vocabulary. Dictionary provides a better understanding of communication and knowledge. Translate the required word in different languages online. Learn new words and find the simple meaning of any difficult word in Urdu or any other language with this online dictionary.
Multi Language Dictionary
Stroke Synonyms & Definition
- () In croquet, etc., a shot or stroke in which one drives in different directions ones own and the opponents ball placed in contact.
- (v. t.) Hence, by extension, an addition or amandment to a written composition; a touch; as, to give some finishing strokes to an essay.
- (v. t.) To give a finely fluted surface to.
- (v. t.) Appetite.
- (v. t.) To row the stroke oar of; as, to stroke a boat.
- (v. t.) The act of striking; a blow; a hit; a knock; esp., a violent or hostile attack made with the arm or hand, or with an instrument or weapon.
- (v. t.) A gentle, caressing touch or movement upon something; a stroking.
- (v. t.) The oar nearest the stern of a boat, by which the other oars are guided; -- called also stroke oar.
- (v. t.) A sudden attack of disease; especially, a fatal attack; a severe disaster; any affliction or calamity, especially a sudden one; as, a stroke of apoplexy; the stroke of death.
- (v. t.) To make smooth by rubbing.
- (v. t.) A powerful or sudden effort by which something is done, produced, or accomplished; also, something done or accomplished by such an effort; as, a stroke of genius; a stroke of business; a master stroke of policy.
- (v. t.) The movement, in either direction, of the piston plunger, piston rod, crosshead, etc., as of a steam engine or a pump, in which these parts have a reciprocating motion; as, the forward stroke of a piston; also, the entire distance passed through, as by a piston, in such a movement; as, the piston is at half stroke.
- (v. t.) The rower who pulls the stroke oar; the strokesman.
- (v. t.) The striking of the clock to tell the hour.
- (v. t.) A throb or beat, as of the heart.
- (v. t.) To rib gently in one direction; especially, to pass the hand gently over by way of expressing kindness or tenderness; to caress; to soothe.
- (imp.) Struck.
- (v. t.) To strike.
- (v. t.) The rate of succession of stroke; as, a quick stroke.
- (v. t.) The result of effect of a striking; injury or affliction; soreness.
- (v. t.) A mark or dash in writing or printing; a line; the touch of a pen or pencil; as, an up stroke; a firm stroke.
- (v. t.) One of a series of beats or movements against a resisting medium, by means of which movement through or upon it is accomplished; as, the stroke of a birds wing in flying, or an oar in rowing, of a skater, swimmer, etc.
- (v. t.) Power; influence.
Online Urdu Dictionary
No one can undermine the significance of dictionaries. In earlier days, people used different signs and symbols to convey their message. As time progresses, they developed different languages for communication purposes. Now, according to some reports, there are around 6,500 languages spoken all across the globe. Hamariweb online dictionary made it simple to search any word and its meaning. Just type the word in the search bar and you will get its meaning along with its synonyms, antonyms, origin, and pronunciation.
Are you a word Bee and looking for new words all the time? If so, you've come to the right page. We bring you a free online Urdu To English Dictionary with many new and difficult words and phrases that anyone can learn and improve. The online English to Urdu Dictionary provides a complete search for any word related to definition, pronunciation, spelling, thesaurus entries, and etymology results. The online dictionary can be browsed alphabetically or with terms related to the word to find the true meaning and synonyms of the word. There are online dictionaries in different languages such as French, Italian, Spanish, and German. Find multi-language dictionaries with English words meaning & translation definition, antonyms & synonyms at Hamariweb.com.