• Barrel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To put or to pack in a barrel or barrels.
- (n.) A jar.
- (n.) A round vessel or cask, of greater length than breadth, and bulging in the middle, made of staves bound with hoops, and having flat ends or heads.
- (n.) The hollow basal part of a feather.
- (n.) A metallic tube, as of a gun, from which a projectile is discharged.
- (n.) A solid drum, or a hollow cylinder or case; as, the barrel of a windlass; the barrel of a watch, within which the spring is coiled.
- (n.) The quantity which constitutes a full barrel. This varies for different articles and also in different places for the same article, being regulated by custom or by law. A barrel of wine is 31/ gallons; a barrel of flour is 196 pounds.
• Barreled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Barrel
- (a.) Alt. of Barrelled