• Belie Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To fill with lies.
- (n.) To give a false representation or account of.
- (n.) To mimic; to counterfeit.
- (n.) To tell lie about; to calumniate; to slander.
- (n.) To show to be false; to convict of, or charge with, falsehood.
• Believe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To exercise belief in; to credit upon the authority or testimony of another; to be persuaded of the truth of, upon evidence furnished by reasons, arguments, and deductions of the mind, or by circumstances other than personal knowledge; to regard or accept as true; to place confidence in; to think; to consider; as, to believe a person, a statement, or a doctrine.
- (v. i.) To have a firm persuasion, esp. of the truths of religion; to have a persuasion approaching to certainty; to exercise belief or faith.
- (v. i.) To think; to suppose.