• Bonneted Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Wearing a bonnet.
- (a.) Protected by a bonnet. See Bonnet, 4 (a).
• Bonnet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A frame of wire netting over a locomotive chimney, to prevent escape of sparks.
- (n.) A small defense work at a salient angle; or a part of a parapet elevated to screen the other part from enfilade fire.
- (n.) In pumps, a metal covering for the openings in the valve chambers.
- (n.) An accomplice of a gambler, auctioneer, etc., who entices others to bet or to bid; a decoy.
- (n.) The second stomach of a ruminating animal.
- (n.) Anything resembling a bonnet in shape or use
- (v. i.) To take off the bonnet or cap as a mark of respect; to uncover.
- (n.) A covering for the head, worn by women, usually protecting more or less the back and sides of the head, but no part of the forehead. The shape of the bonnet varies greatly at different times; formerly the front part projected, and spread outward, like the mouth of a funnel.
- (n.) An additional piece of canvas laced to the foot of a jib or foresail in moderate winds.
- (n.) A soft, elastic, very durable cap, made of thick, seamless woolen stuff, and worn by men in Scotland.
- (n.) A metallic canopy, or projection, over an opening, as a fireplace, or a cowl or hood to increase the draught of a chimney, etc.
- (n.) A headdress for men and boys; a cap.
- (n.) A roofing over the cage of a mine, to protect its occupants from objects falling down the shaft.
- (n.) The metal cover or shield over the motor.