• Counterpoising Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Counterpoise
• Counterpoise Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An equal power or force acting in opposition; a force sufficient to balance another force.
- (n.) A weight sufficient to balance another, as in the opposite scale of a balance; an equal weight.
- (v. t.) To act against with equal power; to balance.
- (n.) The relation of two weights or forces which balance each other; equilibrium; equiponderance.
- (v. t.) To act against with equal weight; to equal in weight; to balance the weight of; to counterbalance.