Down Meaning in Urdu
Down translation is "Talay" and Down synonym words Blue, Consume, Cut, Declining and Depressed.
Similar words of Down are also commonly used in daily talk like as Down ward, Down At The Heels and Down Throw. Pronunciation roman Urdu is "Talay" and Translation of Down in Urdu writing script is تَلے.
- • A coward is always looked down upon.
- • A man is coming down the hill.
- • A mysterious legend has been handed down about this lake.
لفظ کا تعلق انگریزی زبان سے ہے جس کے معنی ''تَلے'' کے ہیں۔ اس صفحے پر آپ اس لفظ سے متعلق تمام اہم معلومات حاصل کرسکتے ہیں جن میں ترجمہ، ہم معنی الفاظ اور تلفُظ شامل ہیں۔
• Down Definition & Meaning in English
- (prep.) A tract of poor, sandy, undulating or hilly land near the sea, covered with fine turf which serves chiefly for the grazing of sheep; -- usually in the plural.
- (n.) That which is made of down, as a bed or pillow; that which affords ease and repose, like a bed of down
- (a.) Downcast; as, a down look.
- (adv.) From a greater to a less bulk, or from a thinner to a thicker consistence; as, to boil down in cookery, or in making decoctions.
- (v. t.) To cause to go down; to make descend; to put down; to overthrow, as in wrestling; hence, to subdue; to bring down.
- (a.) Downward; going down; sloping; as, a down stroke; a down grade; a down train on a railway.
- (n.) The soft hair of the face when beginning to appear.
- (n.) The pubescence of plants; the hairy crown or envelope of the seeds of certain plants, as of the thistle.
- (adv.) In the direction of gravity or toward the center of the earth; toward or in a lower place or position; below; -- the opposite of up.
- (adv.) In a low or the lowest position, literally or figuratively; at the bottom of a decent; below the horizon; of the ground; in a condition of humility, dejection, misery, and the like; in a state of quiet.
- (n.) The soft under feathers of birds. They have short stems with soft rachis and bards and long threadlike barbules, without hooklets.
- (prep.) A bank or rounded hillock of sand thrown up by the wind along or near the shore; a flattish-topped hill; -- usually in the plural.
- (adv.) From a higher to a lower position, literally or figuratively; in a descending direction; from the top of an ascent; from an upright position; to the ground or floor; to or into a lower or an inferior condition; as, into a state of humility, disgrace, misery, and the like; into a state of rest; -- used with verbs indicating motion.
- (adv.) Hence: Towards the mouth of a river; towards the sea; as, to sail or swim down a stream; to sail down the sound.
- (adv.) In a descending direction along; from a higher to a lower place upon or within; at a lower place in or on; as, down a hill; down a well.
- (v. i.) To go down; to descend.
- (adv.) From a remoter or higher antiquity.
- (v. t.) To cover, ornament, line, or stuff with down.
- (a.) Downright; absolute; positive; as, a down denial.
- (prep.) A road for shipping in the English Channel or Straits of Dover, near Deal, employed as a naval rendezvous in time of war.
- (prep.) A state of depression; low state; abasement.
- (n.) Fine, soft, hairy outgrowth from the skin or surface of animals or plants, not matted and fleecy like wool
Down Urdu Meaning with Definition
is an English language word that is well described on this page with all the important details i.e
word synonyms, and its similar words.
meaning in Urdu is
word meaning in roman can write as
Talay. There are several meanings of the
word and it can be used in different situations with a combination of other words as well.
meaning is also available in other languages as well as you can also check the spelling of word
Down. With the help of this platform, learn the appropriate use of the
in a sentence.
کو انگلش میں کیا کہتے ہیں؟
میں بال کٹوانے جا رہا ہوں
Main Baal Katwane Ja Raha Hoon
کو انگلش میں کیا کہتے ہیں؟
Check Out More Word Meaning in Urdu
Down Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary