• Imperative Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The imperative mood; also, a verb in the imperative mood.
- (a.) Not to be avoided or evaded; obligatory; binding; compulsory; as, an imperative duty or order.
- (a.) Expressive of command; containing positive command; authoritatively or absolutely directive; commanding; authoritative; as, imperative orders.
- (a.) Expressive of commund, entreaty, advice, or exhortation; as, the imperative mood.
• Imperatively Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an imperative manner.