• Majority Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or condition of being major or greater; superiority.
- (n.) The condition of being of full age, or authorized by law to manage ones own affairs.
- (n.) Ancestors; ancestry.
- (n.) The amount or number by which one aggregate exceeds all other aggregates with which it is contrasted; especially, the number by which the votes for a successful candidate exceed those for all other candidates; as, he is elected by a majority of five hundred votes. See Plurality.
- (n.) The military rank of a major.
- (n.) The greater number; more than half; as, a majority of mankind; a majority of the votes cast.