• Savoring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Savor
• Savor Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pleasure; delight; attractiveness.
- (n.) To partake of the quality or nature; to indicate the presence or influence; to smack; -- with of.
- (v. t.) To perceive by the smell or the taste; hence, to perceive; to note.
- (a.) Hence, specific flavor or quality; characteristic property; distinctive temper, tinge, taint, and the like.
- (a.) Sense of smell; power to scent, or trace by scent.
- (a.) That property of a thing which affects the organs of taste or smell; taste and odor; flavor; relish; scent; as, the savor of an orange or a rose; an ill savor.
- (n.) To use the sense of taste.
- (v. t.) To taste or smell with pleasure; to delight in; to relish; to like; to favor.
- (v. t.) To have the flavor or quality of; to indicate the presence of.
- (n.) To have a particular smell or taste; -- with of.