Absorbed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AbsorbedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Absorb
• AbsorbDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To swallow up; to engulf; to overwhelm; to cause to disappear as if by swallowing up; to use up; to include.
- (v. t.) To suck up; to drink in; to imbibe; as a sponge or as the lacteals of the body.
- (v. t.) To engross or engage wholly; to occupy fully; as, absorbed in study or the pursuit of wealth.
- (v. t.) To take up by cohesive, chemical, or any molecular action, as when charcoal absorbs gases. So heat, light, and electricity are absorbed or taken up in the substances into which they pass.
• AbsorbedlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a manner as if wholly engrossed or engaged.