Accident Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AccidentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Literally, a befalling; an event that takes place without ones foresight or expectation; an undesigned, sudden, and unexpected event; chance; contingency; often, an undesigned and unforeseen occurrence of an afflictive or unfortunate character; a casualty; a mishap; as, to die by an accident.
- (n.) A property attached to a word, but not essential to it, as gender, number, case.
- (n.) A point or mark which may be retained or omitted in a coat of arms.
- (n.) A property or quality of a thing which is not essential to it, as whiteness in paper; an attribute.
- (n.) A quality or attribute in distinction from the substance, as sweetness, softness.
- (n.) Any accidental property, fact, or relation; an accidental or nonessential; as, beauty is an accident.
- (n.) Unusual appearance or effect.
• AccidentalismDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Accidental character or effect.