According Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AccordingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Accord
- (p. a.) Agreeing; in agreement or harmony; harmonious.
- (adv.) Accordingly; correspondingly.
• AccordDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Agreement or concurrence of opinion, will, or action; harmony of mind; consent; assent.
- (v. t.) Harmony of sounds; agreement in pitch and tone; concord; as, the accord of tones.
- (v. t.) Agreement, harmony, or just correspondence of things; as, the accord of light and shade in painting.
- (v. t.) Voluntary or spontaneous motion or impulse to act; -- preceded by own; as, of ones own accord.
- (v. t.) An agreement between parties in controversy, by which satisfaction for an injury is stipulated, and which, when executed, bars a suit.
- (v. t.) To make to agree or correspond; to suit one thing to another; to adjust; -- followed by to.
- (v. t.) To bring to an agreement, as persons; to reconcile; to settle, adjust, harmonize, or compose, as things; as, to accord suits or controversies.
- (v. t.) To grant as suitable or proper; to concede; to award; as, to accord to one due praise.
- (v. i.) To agree; to correspond; to be in harmony; -- followed by with, formerly also by to; as, his disposition accords with his looks.
- (v. i.) To agree in pitch and tone.
• AccordinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) Agreeably; correspondingly; suitably; in a manner conformable.
- (adv.) In natural sequence; consequently; so.