Adverse Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AdverseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Acting against, or in a contrary direction; opposed; contrary; opposite; conflicting; as, adverse winds; an adverse party; a spirit adverse to distinctions of caste.
- (a.) Opposite.
- (a.) In hostile opposition to; unfavorable; unpropitious; contrary to ones wishes; unfortunate; calamitous; afflictive; hurtful; as, adverse fates, adverse circumstances, things adverse.
- (v. t.) To oppose; to resist.
• AdverselyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In an adverse manner; inimically; unfortunately; contrariwise.