Affixing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AffixingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Affix
• AffixDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To fix or fasten in any way; to attach physically.
- (n.) That which is affixed; an appendage; esp. one or more letters or syllables added at the end of a word; a suffix; a postfix.
- (v. t.) To subjoin, annex, or add at the close or end; to append to; to fix to any part of; as, to affix a syllable to a word; to affix a seal to an instrument; to affix ones name to a writing.
- (v. t.) To attach, unite, or connect with; as, names affixed to ideas, or ideas affixed to things; to affix a stigma to a person; to affix ridicule or blame to any one.
- (v. t.) To fix or fasten figuratively; -- with on or upon; as, eyes affixed upon the ground.