Allegories Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AllegoriesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Allegory
• AllegoryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A figurative sentence or discourse, in which the principal subject is described by another subject resembling it in its properties and circumstances. The real subject is thus kept out of view, and we are left to collect the intentions of the writer or speaker by the resemblance of the secondary to the primary subject.
- (n.) Anything which represents by suggestive resemblance; an emblem.
- (n.) A figure representation which has a meaning beyond notion directly conveyed by the object painted or sculptured.