Alloying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AlloyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Alloy
• AlloyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To reduce the purity of by mixing with a less valuable substance; as, to alloy gold with silver or copper, or silver with copper.
- (v. t.) To mix, as metals, so as to form a compound.
- (v. t.) The quality, or comparative purity, of gold or silver; fineness.
- (v. t.) Any combination or compound of metals fused together; a mixture of metals; for example, brass, which is an alloy of copper and zinc. But when mercury is one of the metals, the compound is called an amalgam.
- (v. t.) To form a metallic compound.
- (v. t.) A baser metal mixed with a finer.
- (v. t.) To abate, impair, or debase by mixture; to allay; as, to alloy pleasure with misfortunes.
- (v. t.) Admixture of anything which lessens the value or detracts from; as, no happiness is without alloy.