Analogies Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AnalogiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Analogy
• AnalogyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Conformity of words to the genius, structure, or general rules of a language; similarity of origin, inflection, or principle of pronunciation, and the like, as opposed to anomaly.
- (n.) A relation or correspondence in function, between organs or parts which are decidedly different.
- (n.) Proportion; equality of ratios.
- (n.) A resemblance of relations; an agreement or likeness between things in some circumstances or effects, when the things are otherwise entirely different. Thus, learning enlightens the mind, because it is to the mind what light is to the eye, enabling it to discover things before hidden.