Angle Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AngleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The difference of direction of two lines. In the lines meet, the point of meeting is the vertex of the angle.
- (v. t.) To try to gain by some insinuating artifice; to allure.
- (v. i.) To fish with an angle (fishhook), or with hook and line.
- (n.) The inclosed space near the point where two lines meet; a corner; a nook.
- (v. i.) To use some bait or artifice; to intrigue; to scheme; as, to angle for praise.
- (n.) A projecting or sharp corner; an angular fragment.
- (n.) The figure made by. two lines which meet.
- (n.) A name given to four of the twelve astrological "houses."
- (n.) A fishhook; tackle for catching fish, consisting of a line, hook, and bait, with or without a rod.
• AngledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Angle
- (a.) Having an angle or angles; -- used in compounds; as, right-angled, many-angled, etc.