Animal Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AnimalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Consisting of the flesh of animals; as, animal food.
- (a.) Of or relating to animals; as, animal functions.
- (a.) Pertaining to the merely sentient part of a creature, as distinguished from the intellectual, rational, or spiritual part; as, the animal passions or appetites.
- (n.) One of the lower animals; a brute or beast, as distinguished from man; as, men and animals.
- (n.) An organized living being endowed with sensation and the power of voluntary motion, and also characterized by taking its food into an internal cavity or stomach for digestion; by giving carbonic acid to the air and taking oxygen in the process of respiration; and by increasing in motive power or active aggressive force with progress to maturity.
• AnimalculaDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Animalculum
• AnimalculineDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or resembling, animalcules.