Apprentice Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ApprenticeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who is bound by indentures or by legal agreement to serve a mechanic, or other person, for a certain time, with a view to learn the art, or trade, in which his master is bound to instruct him.
- (n.) One not well versed in a subject; a tyro.
- (n.) A barrister, considered a learner of law till of sixteen years standing, when he might be called to the rank of serjeant.
- (v. t.) To bind to, or put under the care of, a master, for the purpose of instruction in a trade or business.
• ApprenticeshipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The time an apprentice is serving (sometimes seven years, as from the age of fourteen to twenty-one).
- (n.) The service or condition of an apprentice; the state in which a person is gaining instruction in a trade or art, under legal agreement.