Asked Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AskedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ask
• AskDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To publish in church for marriage; -- said of both the banns and the persons.
- (v. t.) To invite; as, to ask one to an entertainment.
- (v. i.) To make inquiry, or seek by request; -- sometimes followed by after.
- (v. i.) To request or petition; -- usually followed by for; as, to ask for bread.
- (n.) A water newt.
- (v. t.) To interrogate or inquire of or concerning; to put a question to or about; to question.
- (v. t.) To require, demand, claim, or expect, whether by way of remuneration or return, or as a matter of necessity; as, what price do you ask?
- (v. t.) To request; to seek to obtain by words; to petition; to solicit; -- often with of, in the sense of from, before the person addressed.