Assimilated Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AssimilatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Assimilate
• AssimilateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To bring to a likeness or to conformity; to cause a resemblance between.
- (v. t.) To liken; to compa/e.
- (v. i.) To become similar or like something else.
- (v. i.) To be converted into the substance of the assimilating body; to become incorporated; as, some kinds of food assimilate more readily than others.
- (v. i.) To change and appropriate nourishment so as to make it a part of the substance of the assimilating body.
- (v. t.) To appropriate and transform or incorporate into the substance of the assimilating body; to absorb or appropriate, as nourishment; as, food is assimilated and converted into organic tissue.