Atmosphere Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AtmosphereDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The portion of air in any locality, or affected by a special physical or sanitary condition; as, the atmosphere of the room; a moist or noxious atmosphere.
- (n.) The pressure or weight of the air at the sea level, on a unit of surface, or about 14.7 Ibs. to the sq. inch.
- (n.) The whole mass of aeriform fluid surrounding the earth; -- applied also to the gaseous envelope of any celestial orb, or other body; as, the atmosphere of Mars.
- (n.) Any gaseous envelope or medium.
- (n.) A supposed medium around various bodies; as, electrical atmosphere, a medium formerly supposed to surround electrical bodies.
- (n.) Any surrounding or pervading influence or condition.