Augmenting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• AugmentingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Augment
• AugmentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Enlargement by addition; increase.
- (v. t.) To enlarge or increase in size, amount, or degree; to swell; to make bigger; as, to augment an army by reeforcements; rain augments a stream; impatience augments an evil.
- (v. i.) To increase; to grow larger, stronger, or more intense; as, a stream augments by rain.
- (n.) A vowel prefixed, or a lengthening of the initial vowel, to mark past time, as in Greek and Sanskrit verbs.
- (v. t.) To add an augment to.