Badger Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BadgerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A brush made of badgers hair, used by artists.
- (v. t.) To tease or annoy, as a badger when baited; to worry or irritate persistently.
- (v. t.) To beat down; to cheapen; to barter; to bargain.
- (n.) A carnivorous quadruped of the genus Meles or of an allied genus. It is a burrowing animal, with short, thick legs, and long claws on the fore feet. One species (M. vulgaris), called also brock, inhabits the north of Europe and Asia; another species (Taxidea Americana / Labradorica) inhabits the northern parts of North America. See Teledu.
- (n.) An itinerant licensed dealer in commodities used for food; a hawker; a huckster; -- formerly applied especially to one who bought grain in one place and sold it in another.
• BadgererDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of dog used in badger baiting.
- (n.) One who badgers.