Bake Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BakeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To harden by cold.
- (v. i.) To be baked; to become dry and hard in heat; as, the bread bakes; the ground bakes in the hot sun.
- (v. t.) To prepare, as food, by cooking in a dry heat, either in an oven or under coals, or on heated stone or metal; as, to bake bread, meat, apples.
- (v. i.) To do the work of baking something; as, she brews, washes, and bakes.
- (n.) The process, or result, of baking.
- (v. t.) To dry or harden (anything) by subjecting to heat, as, to bake bricks; the sun bakes the ground.
• BakeryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The trade of a baker.
- (n.) The place for baking bread; a bakehouse.
• BakemeatDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Alt. of Baked-meat