Barked Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BarkedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bark
• BarkDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To girdle. See Girdle, v. t., 3.
- (v. i.) To make a short, loud, explosive noise with the vocal organs; -- said of some animals, but especially of dogs.
- (v. t.) To cover or inclose with bark, or as with bark; as, to bark the roof of a hut.
- (n.) The short, loud, explosive sound uttered by a dog; a similar sound made by some other animals.
- (v. t.) To strip the bark from; to peel.
- (n.) Alt. of Barque
- (v. t.) To abrade or rub off any outer covering from; as to bark ones heel.
- (v. i.) To make a clamor; to make importunate outcries.