Beak Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BeakDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A similar bill in other animals, as the turtles.
- (n.) The long projecting sucking mouth of some insects, and other invertebrates, as in the Hemiptera.
- (n.) A toe clip. See Clip, n. (Far.).
- (n.) The upper or projecting part of the shell, near the hinge of a bivalve.
- (n.) The bill or nib of a bird, consisting of a horny sheath, covering the jaws. The form varied much according to the food and habits of the bird, and is largely used in the classification of birds.
- (n.) Anything projecting or ending in a point, like a beak, as a promontory of land.
- (n.) A beam, shod or armed at the end with a metal head or point, and projecting from the prow of an ancient galley, in order to pierce the vessel of an enemy; a beakhead.
- (n.) That part of a ship, before the forecastle, which is fastened to the stem, and supported by the main knee.
- (n.) A continuous slight projection ending in an arris or narrow fillet; that part of a drip from which the water is thrown off.
- (n.) Any process somewhat like the beak of a bird, terminating the fruit or other parts of a plant.
- (n.) A magistrate or policeman.
- (n.) The prolongation of certain univalve shells containing the canal.
• BeakironDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A bickern; a bench anvil with a long beak, adapted to reach the interior surface of sheet metal ware; the horn of an anvil.