Beamed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BeamedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Beam
- (a.) Furnished with beams, as the head of a stag.
• BeamDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The width of a vessel; as, one vessel is said to have more beam than another.
- (n.) The main part of a plow, to which the handles and colter are secured, and to the end of which are attached the oxen or horses that draw it.
- (v. t.) To send forth; to emit; -- followed ordinarily by forth; as, to beam forth light.
- (n.) One of the long feathers in the wing of a hawk; -- called also beam feather.
- (n.) Fig.: A ray; a gleam; as, a beam of comfort.
- (n.) Any large piece of timber or iron long in proportion to its thickness, and prepared for use.
- (n.) The principal stem or horn of a stag or other deer, which bears the antlers, or branches.
- (v. i.) To emit beams of light.
- (n.) A cylinder of wood, making part of a loom, on which weavers wind the warp before weaving; also, the cylinder on which the cloth is rolled, as it is woven; one being called the fore beam, the other the back beam.
- (n.) The straight part or shank of an anchor.
- (n.) The pole of a carriage.
- (n.) One of the principal horizontal timbers of a building or ship.
- (n.) A ray or collection of parallel rays emitted from the sun or other luminous body; as, a beam of light, or of heat.
- (n.) The bar of a balance, from the ends of which the scales are suspended.
- (n.) A heavy iron lever having an oscillating motion on a central axis, one end of which is connected with the piston rod from which it receives motion, and the other with the crank of the wheel shaft; -- called also working beam or walking beam.