Berthed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BerthedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Berth
• BerthDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A place in a ship to sleep in; a long box or shelf on the side of a cabin or stateroom, or of a railway car, for sleeping in.
- (v. t.) To give an anchorage to, or a place to lie at; to place in a berth; as, she was berthed stem to stern with the Adelaide.
- (n.) An allotted place; an appointment; situation or employment.
- (n.) Convenient sea room.
- (n.) A room in which a number of the officers or ships company mess and reside.
- (n.) The place where a ship lies when she is at anchor, or at a wharf.
- (v. t.) To allot or furnish berths to, on shipboard; as, to berth a ships company.