Bettered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BetteredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Better
• BetterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having good qualities in a greater degree than another; as, a better man; a better physician; a better house; a better air.
- (a.) More advanced; more perfect; as, upon better acquaintance; a better knowledge of the subject.
- (a.) To surpass in excellence; to exceed; to excel.
- (v. i.) To become better; to improve.
- (a.) To improve or ameliorate; to increase the good qualities of.
- (compar.) More correctly or thoroughly.
- (n.) Advantage, superiority, or victory; -- usually with of; as, to get the better of an enemy.
- (a.) Improved in health; less affected with disease; as, the patient is better.
- (n.) One who has a claim to precedence; a superior, as in merit, social standing, etc.; -- usually in the plural.
- (a.) Preferable in regard to rank, value, use, fitness, acceptableness, safety, or in any other respect.
- (compar.) In a higher or greater degree; more; as, to love one better than another.
- (compar.) More, in reference to value, distance, time, etc.; as, ten miles and better.
- (a.) To give advantage to; to support; to advance the interest of.
- (a.) Greater in amount; larger; more.
- (a.) To improve the condition of, morally, physically, financially, socially, or otherwise.
- (n.) One who bets or lays a wager.
- (compar.) In a superior or more excellent manner; with more skill and wisdom, courage, virtue, advantage, or success; as, Henry writes better than John; veterans fight better than recruits.