Blackballing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BlackballingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Blackball
• BlackballDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To blacken (leather, shoes, etc.) with blacking.
- (n.) A ball of black color, esp. one used as a negative in voting; -- in this sense usually two words.
- (n.) A composition for blacking shoes, boots, etc.; also, one for taking impressions of engraved work.
- (v. t.) To vote against, by putting a black ball into a ballot box; to reject or exclude, as by voting against with black balls; to ostracize.