Blighted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BlightedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Blight
• BlightDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of blighting, or the state of being blighted; a withering or mildewing, or a stoppage of growth in the whole or a part of a plant, etc.
- (n.) A rashlike eruption on the human skin.
- (v. t.) Hence: To destroy the happiness of; to ruin; to mar essentially; to frustrate; as, to blight ones prospects.
- (n.) Mildew; decay; anything nipping or blasting; -- applied as a general name to various injuries or diseases of plants, causing the whole or a part to wither, whether occasioned by insects, fungi, or atmospheric influences.
- (v. i.) To be affected by blight; to blast; as, this vine never blights.
- (v. t.) To affect with blight; to blast; to prevent the growth and fertility of.
- (n.) That which frustrates ones plans or withers ones hopes; that which impairs or destroys.
- (n.) A downy species of aphis, or plant louse, destructive to fruit trees, infesting both the roots and branches; -- also applied to several other injurious insects.