Book Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BookDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To mark out for; to destine or assign for; as, he is booked for the valedictory.
- (n.) A volume or collection of sheets in which accounts are kept; a register of debts and credits, receipts and expenditures, etc.
- (n.) A part or subdivision of a treatise or literary work; as, the tenth book of "Paradise Lost."
- (n.) A collection of sheets of paper, or similar material, blank, written, or printed, bound together; commonly, many folded and bound sheets containing continuous printing or writing.
- (v. t.) To enter the name of (any one) in a book for the purpose of securing a passage, conveyance, or seat; as, to be booked for Southampton; to book a seat in a theater.
- (v. t.) To enter, write, or register in a book or list.
- (n.) Six tricks taken by one side, in the game of whist; in certain other games, two or more corresponding cards, forming a set.
- (n.) A composition, written or printed; a treatise.
• BookcaseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A case with shelves for holding books, esp. one with glazed doors.